1. What is the official language?
Canada is a bilingual country with two official languages – English and French. Most of the French-speaking inhabitants live in Quebec. However, almost all non-Quebec based universities offer education instruction in English only.
2. What is the IELTS requirement?
It differs from institution to institution but the minimum requirement is 6.0 and not less than 5.0 in each individual band.
3. What is the academic entry requirement?
It differs from institution to institution but the minimum is 50%
4. What are the intakes?
There are majorly 2 intakes September and Jan.
5. What type of institutions are there?
There are more than 175 post-secondary institutions that offer various programs such as Certificate, Diploma and Bachelor’s, including vocational and adult-education. These institutions are known as Community colleges, Technical Institute, University College and Universities. All these colleges are members of the Association of Canadian Community colleges.
6. What is the duration of the program offered?
Undergraduate programs are of 4 years duration, except in Ontario, where there is three-year Bachelor degrees and three-year Master’s degrees. In the other parts of Canada, post-graduate programs (Master’s) are of two years duration.
7. What is the living expense?
Canada would be between CAN $ 8,000-12,000, depending upon the location of their residence
8. What type of accommodation is available for the students?
Students have a number of options available that can be on-campus or off-campus such as hostels, rented housing, home stay etc.
9. Can student go for a part time job?
Yes but only after 6 months of studies with the permission of the institution.
10. What are the job opportunities?
Students are allowed to work only on campus. Though they can work off campus if are enrolled in co-op program.
11. Can I take my spouse along?
Spouse can accompany on visitor visa.
12. Can I take my children as a dependent?
Yes, can join on visitor visa later on.
13. Is 15 years education is acceptable in Canada?
Canada follows 16 years of education so if a student wishes to enrol for Masters he/she has to do one year Post graduate diploma.
14. Do I have to go under any Medical Test?
Yes at the time of visa application.
15. Do I have to get a Police Verification Certificate?
It depends on the institution. Some of the courses like Early Childhood, Nursing program there is requirement of Police Verification Certificate.
16. What is the range of the course fee for UG and PG?
It's between CAN$11000 to 16000 on an average.
Canadian education costs are relatively cheaper than US and other countries – by at least 30%. Coupled with its low cost of living, Canada is one of the best destinations for international students.